OKAY, first things first...I work on the east side of Cincinnati. It's known as the 'ritzy' side in comparison to the west side which is where I reside. Now the west side is not dingy or dilapidated (some parts are of course, but what city doesn't have 'those' areas), but we live within the means of the average American. You see more Chevrolets and Toyotas rather than Mercedes and BMWs, on the weekends you grab a bite at Skyline or the local Chinese buffet instead of Cheesecake Factory or Maggiano's and I think you get it... But to get back to my point about how my bank account is slowly dwindling down to NOTHING...
I rarely ever ventured to the east side unless I wanted to go to Kenwood Towne Center (the name even sounds stuck up because in reality it's just a mall.) Now this 'mall' is huge...and full of the best stores: H&M, a GIGANTIC Forever 21, Aldo, Apple, Francesca's, you name it, they got it. Well seeing as I can stare at the mall if I look out my office window AND I get an hour for lunch, sometimes my car just puts itself on autopilot and we drift over there (I swear). Before I go in I tell myself, "Now Kristi, you can't buy anything...just look around, admire and kill time." HAH, like that ever works...especially these past couple weeks in preparation for San Diego and Vegas, I just want to buy every fancy looking dress/skirt/top etc...AND I HAVE BEEN. For some reason I can say it out loud, write it down, whatever and it sounds totally legit, YOU WILL RUN OUT OF MONEY, but like my car, my credit card seems to make its way out of my wallet and does it's thing without even thinking.
Today though, today was different. I went over to the mall for a purpose. I NEEDED flower clips for my hair because it seems like whenever I wear them out for the night, I wake up and they have vanished. I don't know where they go or who takes them, but they disappear. Anyways, I walked into H&M to get them and my eyes automatically go to the cutest dress EVER. So what do I do? Walk over, get my size and head straight for the dressing room. I stayed in there with 1 article of clothing for a solid 15 minutes contemplating to buy or not to buy...that was the question. I called my mom, I sent picture messages to my friends, I NEEDED SOMEBODY TO TALK ME OUT OF IT. Luckily my mom comes back with "Use that money for surf lessons," and a friend says "Would you rather look awesome in an expensive dress with no drink in hand, or wear a dress you have and have a beer in one hand and a shot in another" (I'm not an alcoholic, but IT IS Vegas.) These valid reasons made me regrettably put the dress away and purchase my 3.99 flower clips. Although I'm still thinking about the dress, I know I can probably find a dress just as cute, if not cuter in California right...RIGHT? (see below for THE dress)
