Where do I begin?
WELL, i'm the first of two children from average, small town, now 50-something-year-old adults. They have average jobs, average cars and average social lives...so where does that leave me, average? DING, DING, DING!
I went to high school in a small town where our homecoming shirts read (and i'm not joking) "We're from the country and we like it that way;" graduated from college in the same small town atmosphere where corn fields could be seen for miles and windmills as our energy source were our claim-to-fame; and now...i'm living back in my hometown (with my parents at that) waiting for my big break.
Now when you graduate with a degree in Visual Communication Technology from Bowling Green State University, you don't really see yourself wining & dining with high-up execs or owning the deed to a winter house in the mountains and a summer cottage by the lake - but that is perfectly fine with me, i've never been one for fancy pants things. What I can imagine though is totally reasonable: a studio apartment in Chicago, a long, enjoyable walk to work, and a career that has anything pertaining to print, writing or sports...ALL very different, but all close to my heart.
I always had the goal of graduating and getting out of Ohio ASAP, but the common phrase "Welcome to Ohio, now you're stuck" is seeming more and more familiar as the days go by. I've been a graduate since May of 2010, so that's what...11 months? WOW, time flies. But i'm still in that small town right outside of Cincinnati. Where did I go wrong? Or better question, WHY DOES MONEY RULE THE WORLD?
So for future reference, words of money, jobs, friends, family and my dreams (AKA my life) will be spewing off this page. Hate it. Love it. Leave it...you do your thing, i'll do mine!
BEWARE: no matter my complaints, I sincerely do love the life I lead even though it isn't filled with the sounds of cabbies lying on their horns or the sights of a Subway/Starbucks on every city block corner. I'll get there someday...it may just take a little more patience (which I've always had VERY little of.)