4.07.2011

Counting in Single Digits

IT'S ON: NINE days until San Diego & THIRTEEN days until VEGAS!

I don't even know what to think about this vacation...mainly because i've never been past the Illinois border & partly because I haven't been on a 'real' vacation since the year before my senior year of H.S. That's been a good 7 years, YIKES (Note to Self: must schedule vacations more regularly for my sanity.)

My college roommate and I decided to go on her spring break (she's a teacher) and visit our good friend who moved to SD after graduation. San Diego would have been a nice, chill place to stay for a week...but that just isn't us. Therefore, we decided we'd fly in for a few days, rent a car & road trip it to Vegas where we'd stay a couple more days. For some reason, I can already tell the highlight of our trip will be the drive from Cali to Vegas. There's just something about the windows down, music on and a road-trip that's in full effect (through the desert at that) that is so amazing! EEK...so excited!

The only part that bums me out is the fact that the Reds will be in San Diego right before we get there. That would have been a bucket list cross-off for sure, but I guess crossing off 'Visit the West Coast' 'Go Whitewater Rafting' & 'Go to a Reds game at Wrigley' will work for this spring/summer. Hopefully I can cross off more, but those are the ones etched in stone!