4.26.2011

What Future?

As of late, I've been on a mission to find out what the heck I want to do with my life. Deciding at 18 what you want to do is just WAY too young...and that's becoming more and more apparent the farther I shy away from everything I worked for in college. Now don't get me wrong, i'm still really into photography, print and the web, but the job I hold now includes writing, editing and creating advertisements for the books we publish and I thoroughly enjoy it. Therefore, my new mission in life is..........*drum role*.........a master's degree. (eek)

I've always looked into, thought about, talked to my parents about it and what not but never actually considered it a serious option. I had looked into DePaul and other surrounding universities in the Chicago area but as of right now, i'm not going to limit myself on the distance of the school from my family/friends...it's only 2 years right? RIGHT!

While Googling phrases such as, "Good journalism graduate programs" and "Mass Communication graduate schools," I came across this LOVELY illustration...
Discouraging? YES!
Reality? Probably so.
Impossible? NO!

In other news, i'm totally stoked about The Royal Wedding! Not sure why but my guesses include the American portrayal of it and the strong 'stalking' of it from EVERY TV station, radio talk show and magazine article around. Oh well, i'm down!...& i'm not joking in any way when I say I would love to have this clock to hang in my open aired, naturally lit kitchen that I will someday own.